Favorite Quotes From Books I've Read

  • "You should take a pill." Roh laughed. "Something for acute-on-chronic self-righteousness."-Rho (Bleeder)
  • "So you want to see my Junque?" She wrapped the com over her ear and smiled. "I thought I already had."-Char (Space Junque)
  • "You wanna give her candy and caffeine while you're at it?" -Mallory (Some Girls Bite)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Suzanne Collins


The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
by
Suzanne Collins

After I got my Nook for Christmas, I kept seeing these book titles show up. I wasn't one of the first to jump on the Twilight Band Wagon, and thought to myself . . here we go again.

I Was Wrong.

There I said it. It's in print, posted to the world wide web . . I can't take it back. Even if I could . . I wouldn't.

I LOVED these books. After getting the push to read them ASAP by my really close friend (PGW), I rolled my eyes and jumped in. It wasn't long before I was kicking myself in the backside for having waited so long. In fact, I even called my mom and said . . You have to read these!!!






Katniss Everdeen carries this series for me. She has the weight of the world on her shoulders and she is only 16 years old. Feeling the pull to do what is right after the loss of her father, and the absence of her mother (mental shut down) . . Katniss seems to be the one taking care of business for her family. Trying to put food on the table, protect her sister, pull her mother out of her funk, and still taking care of herself . . Katniss finds herself in the one place she doesn't want to be . . . The Hunger Games.

One can't help but fall in love with cast of charcters in this series. From Gale to Prim and even Peeta the twists and turns keep you guessing until the end.









Grab yourself the series (don't just buy one book at a time, you won't want to wait between the end of one and the start of another) and settle in for the read of a lifetime. This series will be one that stay with you for the rest of your life. You will find yourself thinking about it and realizing it was a while back that you even read the books. I will be keeping these to read again, the story is just AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment