Favorite Quotes From Books I've Read

  • "You should take a pill." Roh laughed. "Something for acute-on-chronic self-righteousness."-Rho (Bleeder)
  • "So you want to see my Junque?" She wrapped the com over her ear and smiled. "I thought I already had."-Char (Space Junque)
  • "You wanna give her candy and caffeine while you're at it?" -Mallory (Some Girls Bite)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Soulkeepers

The Soulkeepers
by
G.P. Ching

The night sexy and mysterious Abigail Silva comes to Jacob Lau's bedroom window, he doesn't believe she's real let alone a supernatural force who lives just across the street. Abigail says she's his Helper sent to train him as a Soulkeeper, a gifted warrior responsible for protecting human souls. But Abigail has secrets, and as Jacob is pulled into her strange world, he learns those secrets could cost him his family, his girlfriend, and even his soul. - From Goodreads

So, how did I come to have this book . . . hmm, ya know I believe I saw one day it was on sale for .99 at BN.com (thanks to Misty over at The Top Shelf) and thought to myself . . Why not? It didn't sound like my typical choice of book, but I didn't think it would hurt to have it . . you never know when something may grab your attention.

Well, a posting comes up . . asking if anyone would like to be consider for ARC of the book to follow. It was with this request that people were just saying how great of a book it was. So, I signed up for consideration and figured I needed to read the first one while I wait to see if I am picked.

I am SOOO glad that I bought this book and that I finally decided to read it!

No, it's not my typical story of choice . . but as I am finding out rather quickly, not all great stories have a vampire in them! (Duh) This was not a book to be rushed through, this was a book to sit back and enjoy. There is a lot to read and understand . . but not too much that you are left thinking . . WHAT?

I suggest picking up a copy today and step into the town of Paris . . and get to know Jacob.

Barnes and Noble
Smashwords
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment