Favorite Quotes From Books I've Read

  • "You should take a pill." Roh laughed. "Something for acute-on-chronic self-righteousness."-Rho (Bleeder)
  • "So you want to see my Junque?" She wrapped the com over her ear and smiled. "I thought I already had."-Char (Space Junque)
  • "You wanna give her candy and caffeine while you're at it?" -Mallory (Some Girls Bite)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

True Grime

True Grime
by
Natasha Deen

I seriously have to talk about this book. Have you ever read a book and thought to yourself,

"Wow, the things that go on in this authors mind must be insane?"

OR maybe you find yourself thinking,

"Do they know something we don't know?"

Well, those are just a few thoughts that crossed my mind while reading this book. However, after I finished I think I had even more questions in my head than were there when I began.

Like, what is the ocean made up of?

Do you think thunderstorms are a product of us pissing off a fairy somewhere?

What if a tornado is really just a fairy fart?

Or a hurricane is the product a fairy bubble bath?

Maybe . . just maybe, a rainbow is something we get to see when the fairy people are happy with us?

Well, no matter the questions I have . . one thing is for certain, this book totally rocks! If I'm going to 100% honest, I'll tell ya this. The blurb for this book grabbed my attention. So, I was excited to get started on it. Once I started I found myself wondering if it was the right book for me. That question was wiped away fairly quickly and I couldn't put the book down. (Trust me, there were times I should have put it down . . . school work should come first, I promise you!) Then by the end of the book, I was so happy that I didn't give up on it.

Wanna read the blurb?

Grime cop and teen fairy Pepper Powder lives for one thing: protecting the human species from magical zealots who seek to eradicate them with Violent Illness of Unusual Resistance and Strength (humans call them “viruses,” but their mistake is understandable. The very young often get their words wrong.). When a terrorist leader releases a necrophage bomb, it not only decimates Grime headquarters, it turns Pepper into the magical world’s first fairy amputee—but she’s not going to let a little thing like a missing leg stop her. To catch her criminal, and prevent him from unleashing a VIURS in one of the human world’s biggest shopping centers, West Edmonton Mall, she goes undercover as a human. But once Pepper's theories of humanity collide with the reality of bullies, cliques, and environmental destruction, will she still believe humanity's worth saving? - Goodreads

So, now that you have read the blurb, what are you waiting for?!?! I totally promise you, you won't be disappointed.

Where to purchase:
Amazon/Barnes and Noble/Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment