Favorite Quotes From Books I've Read

  • "You should take a pill." Roh laughed. "Something for acute-on-chronic self-righteousness."-Rho (Bleeder)
  • "So you want to see my Junque?" She wrapped the com over her ear and smiled. "I thought I already had."-Char (Space Junque)
  • "You wanna give her candy and caffeine while you're at it?" -Mallory (Some Girls Bite)

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Renee Vincent


It wasn't long ago that I signed up to do reviews with the blog
Romancing the Book
It was through this new adventure that I was introduced the wonderful works from Renee Vincent.

Way back when (ok, so in the 90's) I found myself working for Books A Million and then Hastings. Having access to so many books, and yet I always seemed to find myself lost in the romance section . . . normally the historical romance.

Time for reading became less, the money for purchasing books became less, and reading sort of just fell to the side. Then last Christmas (2010) I was given the most awesome gift of all, the Nook.

Getting back into the game of reading, I found myself reading book after book . . . about Vampires and Werewolves.
Historical romances weren't even in the mix for me . . until Renee Vincent's book one of The Emerald Trilogy Raeliksen was placed in my hands.

It was a beautifully written story that impressed me greatly. Then I was asked if I would be interested in reading the second book.
Of course!
Mac Liam didn't disappoint either.
I was so ready for the final book and crossing my fingers I would get it for review. I did!
The Fall of Rain, totally blew me away.
It is hands down my all time favorite of this series.

So, Please . . if you enjoy historical romances please pick up this series, you won't regret it.

Below you will find cover pics (drool worthy) as well as links to the review that was written over at Romance the Book. Purchase links are also provided below.


Renee Vincent

The Emerald Trilogy


Raeliksen Review

Amazon/Barnes and Noble


17 comments:

  1. As I said on FB, I cannot begin to tell you how I feel right now. Even after a few hours of contemplating this shocking post, I cannot tell you how much this means to me.

    Yes, I cried...heck, I'm still teary eyed right now as I type.

    When I wrote Raeliksen, I shed so many tears for many reasons. One, over the tremendous heartbreaking loss of losing my sister. Two, over putting my emotions into Daegan's character, and three, over saying goodbye to my characters with the last words written.

    At that moment, I realized I was not ready to depart from these memorable characters. There was more to say and more to experience in the heart and lives of our heroes and heroine. And so, Mac Liam came about.

    In the middle of Mac Liam, I also realized that while the first two books foretold of an undying love that two separate heroes had for the heroine, there was still a part of this love triangle yet to be told and needed to be. Not just for myself, but for my readers who also fell in love with the heroes.

    Hence, came the revelation to write a third book, The Fall of Rain, which breathed new life back into my historical characters and gave a much needed sense of closure and contentment to the series.

    With the completion of this trilogy, I was extremely nervous. I'll not lie. I fretted over whether or not it would give my readers the satisfaction they had been dying for, or if my choice of direction with the plot would disappoint.

    Upon reading this post, Stephanie, you have given me my own sense of contentment. I no longer fear my unconventional romance ending with Book 1 or doubt my caliber of story telling.

    Thank you so much for giving me this reprieve. I am beyond happy, excited, or elated. No words are fitting enough to tell you how much you've touched me today. And to know I've also touched you in a way that made you love historical romances again is twice as thrilling. I had always hoped to strike a chord within my readers hearts with this trilogy. But never would I have imagined a post quite like yours.

    You may think I'm crazy, but I do believe I'm going to print this post out and frame it. My heart is singing right now!

    Thank you Stephanie for taking the time to write your opinion of the series and your emotional tie towards my trilogy and the historical genre.

    I am most blessed that you came upon my books! Christmas has definitely come early for me!

    From my house to yours, have a safe and blessed holiday, Stephanie!

    (I'm your fan for life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic tribute to your work Renee! I think it's fantastic Stephanie wrote this. When I saw your email that said OMG I thought, OH NO what happened? LOL. I'm so glad to have read this and see that your writing is touching people in such a positive way!

    Many congrats to you both! Obviously a sort of friendship has formed and that is something special!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Renee, a wonderful review. Congratulations. I wish you every success. I know you have worked hard at this. You deserve the praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Stephanie's review and post here, and Renee's response are outstanding. I can think of no better example than this of what a writer strives for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every author dreams of getting a Review like this one! CONGRATS, Renee!

    HOLIDAY HUGS,
    Kari Thomas
    www.authorkari.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome and deserved tribute to Renee Vincent, also a favorite author of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Renee for posting such a lovely comment to my blog.

    Clearly the other comments show you have loving fans!

    Have a great holiday season with your family and friends.

    Hugs!
    Stephanie O

    ReplyDelete
  8. And this is why we do what we do Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic review, Renee. I have read Raeliksen and know how good it is. Hooray for you. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having read Renee's wonderful book MacLiam, I can testify to the fact that she is a romance writer of the first order. Lucky you that you got her third book for review. I want that book! Congratulations to Renee Vincent for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came home and found all these wonderful replies. I want to thank everyone who came by, read this touching post, and took the time to leave their thoughts and compliments. I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This review is so totally deserved. This is indeed why we do what we do. Truer words were never written. These books are three of my top picks, ever, to be read and re-read-- Heaven knows how many times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *places hand over beating heart* Oh gosh, Miriam! I cannot believe you just said that about my trilogy! Thank you so much. To know my books are three of your top picks ever, to be read and re-read is just so humbling! Then to add the "Heaven knows how many times" is just mind-boggling. I cannot thank you enough for that compliment. It's the highest praise an author could get!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't blame you at all for this one. I'm a huge Renee fan, both as an author and a person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely blog, Stephanie. Renee is a familiar name around here in this world of romance authors. I too have discovered her. I will certainly subscribe to your blog. Thanks for the praise of Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely surprise to see Margaret Ethridge (one of my favorite authors) come to visit this blog post and lend her thoughts. You are so kind for saying those nice things about me. I am humbled by all of this, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Winona, you're making me blush now...thank you for your thoughtfulness. And I am so flattered that you have "discovered" me. I do hope I never let you down.

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete