Favorite Quotes From Books I've Read

  • "You should take a pill." Roh laughed. "Something for acute-on-chronic self-righteousness."-Rho (Bleeder)
  • "So you want to see my Junque?" She wrapped the com over her ear and smiled. "I thought I already had."-Char (Space Junque)
  • "You wanna give her candy and caffeine while you're at it?" -Mallory (Some Girls Bite)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anathema - K.A. Tucker


Anathema - K.A. Tucker

I picked this book up this morning. I began reading, and soon found that my Nook was permanently attached to my hand.

Who can you trust?

That is just the question Eve (Evangeline) is asking herself. Having grown up without a father, then having to live with the death of her mother. Evangeline felt alone. Then steps in her "saving grace" Sofie, well . . maybe. Meeting Sofie maybe wasn't such a great life saving event after all . . . or was it?

Off to New York to help Sofie out. Evangeline meets Sofie's "dear" friends Mortimer and Viggo, as well as the team of watch dogs. Max becomes her shadow (one I enjoyed reading about). Little did Evangeline know, helping Sofie out would have her meeting the love of her life. Oh, and his crazy girlfriend Rachel (or so Rachel thinks).

There is no way for one to pick up this book and not fall in love with the characters. This book moves along rather nicely, until you hit chapter 23. Then all the sudden . . you have stepped onto a rollercoaster. Please note, no matter how many times you hit the advance page button at the end . . no more pages will come. You just have to wait for the next book to come out. Trust me, I am waiting . . . . .

Anathema-Kindle
Anathema-Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment